Women often have to find a real balance between a male and female leadership style. When they are applying more masculine qualities, they are seen as too aggressive and when they show more feminine qualities they are seen as lacking gravitas or labelled indecisive or insecure.
A more female style of working is often undervalued and less visible. To the point where women can even start to doubt themselves or loose ambition.
Your Trainer Inge Woudstra
Inge has built up an impressive amount of expertise on gender diversity and inclusion over the past 9 years helping organisations recruit, retain and advance women. In her training she brings in her own experience in culture change and project management from working in Siemens, Shell, Ashridge Business School, and Chatham House. Her clients love her material as it is refreshing, inspiring and practical.
Inge is the director of W2O Consulting & Training and the author of ‘Be Gender Smart – The key to Career Success for Women’.
Worked for (amongst others): EDF Energy, Edwards Lifesciences, PDO Oman, Total, Ashurst, Lombard Odier, OECD, and the NHS.
Your Female Advantage
Who are you as a leader? Become aware of your male leadership qualities (such as action orientation and focus) and female leadership qualities (such as making connections and cooperative working) and discover in which situations each of those qualities is most successful.
Learn how – regardless of your style – you can be authentic, and still valued for your unique contribution in a (male) business culture.
– 6 key gender differences at work
– Map yourself against the key gender differences at work
– Your strengths: unique value of a male/female perspective in a team
– Speaking up and being heard
– Being valued and seen for your unique contribution
– Optional; mentoring/sponsoring other women
• Gain awareness of your own leadership style
• Know how your style of working adds value in a team
• Be able to confidently talk about your contribution
• Understand why your contribution isn’t always valued and recognised and know how to become more effective as a leaders and advance your career
• Be able to communicate with influence
• Practice new approaches and techniques in fun exercises
Max. 6 participants
Duration: 1 day
Optional: working with a professional actor
Course materials are included.
It is also possible to have a tailor-made one-on-one coaching session. You decide on topics and content of this session together with the trainer. The coaching session is set a convenient date and time for both you and the trainer.
Just 1 participant
Duration: at least 3 hours